Oct. 6, 2018 10 am – 4 pm
Overall Event Details:
Edwardsville Township is pleased to present their 4th Annual Touch
event on Saturday, October 6th, from 10 am-4 pm, at Edwardsville Township Community Park, located at 6368 Center Grove Rd. in Edwardsville, Illinois. This is a FREE community event that gives area families and children the opportunity to explore and learn about the various vehicles they see every day and some that are rarely accessible. Last year the event hosted more than 30 vehicles of various purposes (fire trucks
, farm equipment, utility, transit bus) and welcomed more than 6,000 guests! We are looking to continue to increase our turnout! This year we are planning a children’s area featuring a balloon artist, face painting, and a variety of other activities. Food trucks
will also be added during the event.
Class in Township Park Information
Tae Kwon Do and Karate Kubs class will be postponed on Saturday, October 6th due to this event. Instead of holding class at the studio like normal we will be holding class/demo during the Touch -A- Truck event at 10:30am. This class will last approx 90 minutes.
I will provide more details soon, but I understand that parking for this event is at the highschools and shuttles will be taking people from the highschools to the park. Please be sure to plan accordinly so you can arrive at 10:15 to recieve instructions for our class and demo which begins at 10:30am.
- ALL of our Karate Kubs are invited to attend this class.
- If your Kub has a uniform I ask that they please wear it for this event
- If your Kub does not have a uniform and wants to attend this event I will provide them with a free Blue Wave T-shirt if they do not already have one.
- Kubs will work with our helpers and higher rank students like we normally do. We will have their training mats with us as well. They will be dismissed after the first 20 or thirty minutes of class.
- All Ranks All Ages Students
- Please arrive in uniform with belt and bring a change of clothes and full water bottle with you
- Plan to arrive at the Blue Wave tent at 10:15am
- You may decide if you want to train barefoot or with shoes on, we will be training in the grass.
- When you sign up to participate in the demo be sure to note if there is any break or demo you are interested in sharing. I will do my best to accomadate everyone, and will work with you on appopriate demo ideas if needed.
Volunteers Needed For This Event
Miss Tammy needs volunteers to help with this event! You can volunteer in one hour increments. I would like to have two volunteers available at all times. Volunteers will help teach children visiting our booth how to punch, kick, and block pads!
I will also need volunteers to help me set up at 9am, and tear down at 4pm.
We will also have a couple games set up, and I will need a volunteer to help explain and watch how games are going.
During our demo from 10:45am to 12:30pm I would like a couple parent volunteers to manage these activies and pass out information about our school for those who may be interested in learning more. I will have brochures and price schedules available to share.
There will be a sign-up sheet at the studio, but you may also email me if you are avilable to help.
This event also helps our community by collecting food and preparing Thanksgiving baskets that will be distributed to local families in need! Let us show out thanks in all that we have by donating food items for this cause. Below is a flyer with the requested items! Food donations can be left on the gym shelf by the mirrors.